How to Get Emergency Cash During Stressful Times
April 2, 2021 | Mason Roberts
You’re already tight on cash and living on a very strict budget. Then, at the worst possible time, a financial emergency happens. The truck you use for your business suddenly breaks down. A family member gets sick. How can you raise emergency cash during these stressful times? It’s possible, and there are ways you can use to achieve this goal. And when all else fails, an instant online title loan may be what you need.
How to Get Emergency Cash During Stressful Times
1. Look for New Income Sources
Can you work an extra shift, or take an online job that you can do after work or on weekends? Maybe you have a special skill that you can turn into a simple home business, like teaching online piano classes or selling packed meals to neighbors who are too busy to cook.
Many people use these side hustles to raise emergency cash, and the good news is that the Internet has now made it possible to get jobs even outside your community. You can try applying to be a virtual assistant, transcriptionist, translator. Look at your skills and work experience and find jobs that are a good match for you.
2. Sell Items Online
Jewelry, comic book collections, clothes you no longer use, furniture that’s been sitting around in the attic—there are many items in your home that you can sell online and raise a hefty amount of emergency cash.
One tip for getting good prices for “specialty” items like action figures or designer bags is to go to forums. You reach people who are already interested in these items and can recognize its value. For example, one woman raised hundreds of dollars selling perfumes on a fragrance site—much more than what she would’ve gotten from a rummage sale.
3. Try Crowdfunding
You’d be surprised how people are willing to help, if you give them a good cause and an easy way to send emergency cash. You can set up a GoFundMe page, or approach your church or local community center and ask for help in organizing a fundraiser.
The most effective fundraising campaigns need to have a clear cause that people can relate to. You can’t just say, “I need emergency cash” and expect them to help. Explain what happened, and how you will use that money. Remember to thank people who sent help and give periodic updates, so they know what happened.
4. Ask Your Company for a Cash Advance
Some companies allow salary advances or offer employee loans where you can pay off the amount in installments.
If your company doesn’t have this kind of program, try approaching your Human Resource Department or your boss. Make a personal request—if you’ve worked for the company for a long time, and have a good relationship with the company, they may be willing to make special arrangements for you.
Just make sure to put the loan in writing, including payment terms like interest rate, how much will be deducted each month, and the number of months you have to pay. Even if it’s a friendly agreement, a written agreement protects both parties, and helps prevent misunderstanding.
5. Approach Friends and Relatives
We know how uncomfortable it can be to ask loved ones for help. But there’s no shame in sharing your problems with the people who care about you and being honest about your financial situation. After all, that’s what friends are for!
If they are able to lend emergency cash, do be clear about when and how much you can pay back. Just like salary loans, a “friendly” loan is still a loan. Write down the terms and keep your promise. That’s the best way of making sure that any money problems won’t ruin your friendship.
6. Apply for Title Loans
If you are the owner of a vehicle living in Tennessee, you can use your car as collateral to get a title loan with Tennessee Title Loans, Inc. You can borrow from $300 to $2,500, which can help pay for urgent expenses like medical bills, house or car repairs, or other personal emergencies.
It just has to be registered under your name and be lien-free (which means that it has no outstanding loans or judgments against it).
Benefits of Title Loans
- You do not need to have a high credit rating. Even if you have a low credit score or have not been able to establish a long credit history, you are still eligible for title loans.
- You can still use your vehicle. As long you meet the monthly payments, you’ll still be able to enjoy full use of your car just like usual.
- Simple application. You just need to present a driver’s license or state-issued ID, your vehicle title, your proof of income, and the vehicle itself for quick inspection.
- Fast processing and payment. You can begin your application online, and the final processing and inspection takes as little as 30 minutes.
How to Apply for a Title Loan
Applying for Tennessee title loans online is as easy as can be. All you need to do is the following:
- Fill out the online form on the website.
- A loan representative from the nearest location will call you to explain the process and answer any questions you may have.
- After the call, bring your driver’s license or state issued ID, your lien-free title to your vehicle, proof of income, and your vehicle to the branch.
- A loan representative who will examine your documents and conduct a quick inspection of your vehicle. If your loan gets approved, you receive the money the same day!
To find out more about title loans, and other ways you can raise emergency cash, visit our website or drop by the Tennessee Title Loan branch nearest to you.
Apply for Your Tennessee Title Loan Today!
It’s extremely important to make the right decisions during stressful times of emergencies. With Tennessee Title Loans, Inc. you can be rest assured that you’re moving in the right direction and making smart decisions. Apply for your instant online title loan today to get up to $2,500 emergency cash within minutes!