The Beginner's Guide to Your First Tennessee Payday Loan
Payday loans are a type of short-term loan designed to bridge the gap between paychecks (yes, it's aptly named). The prospect can seem daunting if you've never received a payday loan before or tried to get one. But with sufficient guidance, it's actually pretty straightforward.
So, in this guide, we'll share everything you need to know about acquiring a Tennessee payday loan. Consider it the only guide you'll ever need.
How Does A Tennessee Payday Loan Work?
Before we go any further, it's essential to know how these loans work. Thankfully, there isn't much to it.
Payday loans are designed to allow you to borrow small amounts (between $100 and $400) over a short period. Generally speaking, they must be repaid once you receive your next paystub.
While there are hundreds of payday lenders in Tennessee, including us at Tennessee Title Loans, Inc., we all operate similarly. You give us your personal and financial information, request a cash amount, and we approve your application before releasing funds. As we'll show you later, the process is simple and shouldn't take longer than 30 minutes.
When Can You Justify A Payday Loan?
Of course, you should think long and hard before entering a new financial obligation. But it's especially important when thinking about a payday loan.
Since they are so easy to acquire, it's easy to be tempted into securing one for purchasing gifts, frivolous spending, general shopping sprees, and similar luxuries. However, a payday loan in Tennessee is only recommended in emergencies.
Typically, our customers use our payday loans for the following circumstances:
- Paying unexpected medical bills
- Paying medical bills that were more expensive than anticipated
- Funding urgent travel costs
- Paying overdue utility bills to avoid costly late fees
- Funding necessary home or vehicle repairs
Naturally, other crises can justify a payday loan. To figure out whether you need one, consider whether your situation would worsen or grow more expensive if left unpaid. If so, a payday loan might be the right option.
Tennessee Payday Loan Requirements
One of the best things about acquiring a payday loan in Tennessee is the limited requirements list. Unlike securing traditional bank loans, you won't have to spend time gathering documents you may not even have.
Instead, all you need to do is get the following:
- State-issued photographic identification — We usually ask for your driver's license. However, you can use any of the below as your state-issued photo ID:
- United States of America passport card
- United States of America non-driver's license
- United States of America passport
- United States of America military dependent ID card
- United States of America military ID card
- United States of America student ID card
- Most recent pay stub — We use your most recent pay stub to confirm you can repay the loan. Your income amount determines whether you qualify for the higher or lower amount. Ensure it covers the last 30 days.
- Blank check — Please make sure the blank check is from an account open and active in your name.
- Bank statement — Again, this should be a statement from a bank in your name and cover the most recent 30-day period. We analyze it alongside your pay stub to decide affordability.
Do You Need Perfect Credit For A Payday Loan?
You don't need a great credit score to get a payday loan. In fact, you can apply and gain approval with a terrible score. But feel free to speak to your local Tennessee Title Loans, Inc. representative for the specific credit details.
How To Get A Tennessee Payday Loan From Us
You're almost ready to get a payday loan in Tennessee to fund your emergency. The only thing left to learn is our simple, step-by-step process, as per the below:
- Complete the online form found on this website. It only takes five minutes or so, and it sends your information directly to your local Tennessee Title Loans, Inc. store.
- Sit back and wait for one of our loan associates to give you a call. They'll discuss the requirements, ensure you understand the process, and answer your questions.
- Bring the necessary documents (as per the section above) to your nearest Tennessee Title Loans, Inc.
- Sit down with one of our loan associates, who will examine your documents to establish whether you qualify for the payday loan.
- After that, finish the final documents by signing in the required boxes (the loan associate will help you with this).
- Finally, you get the money you need within 24 hours (sometimes, you'll even get it on the same day)!
Submit Your Tennessee Payday Loan Inquiry Right Now!
Complete our online request form right now if you're in a financial pickle that can't wait. One of our loan associates will call you back ASAP to guide you through the simple process.
Note: The content provided in this article is only for informational purposes, and you should contact your financial advisor about your specific financial situation.