How to Get Financial Help While Waiting for Workers Compensation Pay
Waiting for workers compensation pay can be stressful, especially if you don't have any other way to pay your bills. But you don't have to wait anxiously for that check to come in. There are plenty of programs that can help you in your time of need. You just need to know where to look.
Below, you'll find our top 6 ways to get financial help while waiting for your compensation, including using car title loans online when none of the other options work for you.
6 Ways To Get Financial Help Until You Get Workers Compensation Pay
1. The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, formerly known as food stamps, ensures a nutritious diet for low-income people and families. It's one of the main ways to get cash help while waiting for your workers compensation pay.
The main aim is to alleviate hunger and establish self-sufficiency. However, SNAP also works with initially self-sufficient people that have fallen on hard times to develop their self-supporting capabilities.
You can gain many benefits from this program. They're all centered around supplementing your monthly food budget to ensure more of your income can go toward your essential living expenses.
2. Families First
Families First is Tennessee's version of the TANF program (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families). Essentially, it's a workforce enhancement and employment scheme, emphasizing work, personal responsibility, and training.
The help you get through Families First while waiting to receive your workers compensation pay is temporary (hence the name). Its main goal is to help you achieve self-sufficiency once again.
The program gives you all kinds of help, including:
- Child care assistance.
- Temporary cash assistance.
- Job training.
- Other support services.
To qualify, you must agree to follow a PRP, otherwise known as a Personal Responsibility Plan. Part of this will be to:
- Ensure your children go to school regularly.
- Ensure your children receive all vaccines and attend health checks.
- Make sure all child support criteria are met.
- Be open to work preparation if you're not exempt (which you may well be if you're getting workers compensation pay).
3. Child And Adult Care Food Program
Through this program, you can attend an adult care center to get your daily meals. However, you must meet various age and income requirements before you're eligible to receive help from the participating centers.
4. Child Support Program
In this program, you get services geared toward parental responsibility to ensure you meet your family's financial needs. This support includes:
- Establishment of paternity.
- Establishment of child support orders.
- Enforcement of the orders as mentioned above.
- Distributing and collecting funds.
- Changing child support orders.
- Enforcement of spousal support orders.
The people working in this program can also point you in the direction of other services that could be useful while you're waiting for funds.
5. Community Service Contract Programs
Community service contracts with governments and non-profit organizations ensure all kinds of services are provided to low-income single people and households.
The specific services you receive under this program depend on your situation, but they can include:
- Emergency cash assistance.
- Nutrition programs.
- Employment activities.
- Income management services.
- Adult daycare.
6. Car Title Loans Online
Online title loans shouldn't be your first port of call when trying to find financial help while waiting for your workers compensation pay. However, if you have exhausted all the options above, and you have no other way of gaining access to the money you need, these loans can be an option.
All you need is a few documents and a vehicle with a title in your name. You can borrow between $300 and $2,500, depending on the value of your vehicle. This should usually be enough to tide you over until your workers compensation pay comes in.
How To Qualify For Car Title Loans Online
- Complete the Tennessee title loans form. It sends your information directly to your local Tennessee Title Loans, Inc. location.
- Once submitted, a loan representative will call you to verify the information you provided, answer your questions, and explain the entire process. They will also schedule an appointment with you at a location of your choice.
- After the conversation, meet the representative at the agreed-upon location. Don't forget to bring your driver's license (or a different kind of state-issued identification), the lien-free title to your vehicle, and your vehicle for inspection.
- Our loan representative will look at your vehicle and documents to find out whether you qualify.
- If you are eligible, the loan representative will walk you through the final stages and requests your signature where necessary.
- Finally, the money hits your account on the same day or the following business day!
Cover Your Expenses With Car Title Loans Online
Car title loans online should usually be your last resort when finding financial help while waiting for workers compensation pay. However, if no other option works for you, including these helpful government-led initiatives that Tennessee has to offer, you can then give our car title loans online a shot! We are here to help. Submit an online form today to find out if you qualify.
Note: The content provided in this article is only for informational purposes, and you should contact your financial advisor about your specific financial situation.